TOP 10 GARAGE DOOR SECURITY TIPSdev_apex
1. Don’t leave the garage door remote in your vehicle. If an offender
breaks into your car and steal the remote he has a way into your home.
2. Invest in a keychain remote opener. Stop using that remote you clip to your visor and get a keychain remote that you can leave on your keys.
3. Secure your garage door emergency release. It’s easy to throw some
zip-ties on your emergency release and still retain it’s intended function.
4. Keep it locked. Put a deadbolt on the door between your house and
5. Make sure the door from your garage into your house is as secure as your front door. Ensure you have a strong, sturdy door made out of
solid-core wood or reinforced steel.
6. Don’t leave your garage door open – how many garages do you see slightly open to let the airflow through?
7. Install a wide-angle peephole in the door between your house and your garage. You’ll at least be able to see what’s going on if you hear a
strange noise rather than opening the door to find out.
8. Frost or cover your garage windows.
9. If going on holiday, ensure your garage door is closed and turn off the
power to the garage door opener/motor while away.
10. Don’t neglect maintenance on the mechanical parts of your roll-up garage door and keep an eye out for corrosion. Don’t forget the door from your garage to your house; check the frame, locks, hinges and any